Friday, October 12, 2012

September...fun, fun, fun!

    So, my plans for more frequent posts failed!  However, I'm cutting myself some slack...we've been busy around here!!!  This month gave us FIVE jam packed weekends!

September began as it usually does with our annual trip to Central Illinois for the Labor Day parade in Pontiac.  My brother-in-law (Ann's husband, Tadd)'s family lives there & it's so fun to experience small town USA!  It's always a wonderful time with John's family.  Lots of food, lots of kids, lots of fun!








The following weekend we went to the annual Bradley Place Block Party.  Always a site to be seen!  The neighboorhood I grew up in has changed quite a bit...let's call it "upscale!"  We're talking about a block party that, in addition to the traditional fire truck & bike parade, has been know to have pony rides, a petting zoo, two jumping jacks, a band AND a DJ and let us not forget...the Jesse White Tumblers!  Really?!  I can't make this stuff up! 






That same weekend I took some sentimental photo's for my In Law's.  They sold the home they purchased when John was just 6 months old.  They raised a family of 4 & lived at their place on Windsor for 36 years.  MANY MANY memories in those old walls, but it was time to close that chapter & welcome the next!  They purchased a wonderful place closer to us & we look forward to creating new memories!  Check out a good lookin' bunch I am proud to call family!






For months I anxiously awaited our September 15th Cubs game (the only Saturday tickets we had after I delivered Nora!)...yes, despite their hideous record...
Anyway, we were unable to secure a sitter & we just couldn't let the tickets go to waste because the weather couldn't have been more beautiful for baseball!  SO, what does this crazy duo do???  Yep,
we packed up the 4 monkey's & headed to Wrigley!  It was a great day & a fantatic decision!







The day after our outing to Wrigley Field, I went to a baby shower for my dear friend Katie Caplis Ferguson.  The two of us have been friends since she was born (I'm 10 months older) because we grew up just one house apart on Bradley Place.  We have so many fantastic childhood memories & reminisce every chance we get!  She is expecting her first baby in November & I am so happy we will have yet another thing in common...motherhood :)

September is a special month for John & I...we were married on September 23, 2005 & this year we celebrated our 7 year anniversary!  We have spent nearly every anniversary either pregnant or with a newborn so this year we were anxious to have a little time away.  My cousin, Kristin & her new husband, Chris, were gracious enough to take all four of the kids for the entire weekend!  I was hoping after that long weekend they hadn't changed their minds about having a family of their own! 
John & I felt a little lost when we checked into the Hilton Garden Inn & all we had to carry in were two duffle bags & a small cooler!  No kids, pack & plays, toys, bedding (no one can sleep without their special friends!) or bouncy seats!  We had dinner at Harry Carey's & our waitor comped our bottle of wine!  Amazingly generous!  Then we tried our luck at the new River's Casino....but quickly remembered that we don't have any luck!  We won then lost then lost some more & before our pockets were too empty we went back to the hotel & finished our evening with a nightcap at the bar.  Saturday we drove up to Milwaukee & stopped in Pleasant Prairie for a little outlet mall shopping.  John & I realized that we hadn't shopped like that for ourselves in at least 8 or 10 years!  We checked into a small motel that John's cousin's wife, Kim, had recommended & arranged for us.  We surprised John's cousin, Matt, at his 40th surprise party!  What a blast!!!  Sunday it was back home to collect our family.  We missed them but truly enjoyed being able to let loose & know they were in the best hands!  Pictured below...the face of relaxation!!!

We wrapped up the month with a birthday celebration!  Our little Emmett turned 2 years old!  We had a big jello cupcake after dinner on the 28th, his actual birthday.  Then, on Saturday we continued the celebration at our house with family & a few friends too.  His eyes lit up like I've never seen when he received his "race car!"  Happy Birthday, my love!







No comments:

Post a Comment