There have been several days completely solo now & I have to say, we're all surviving! There is never a "bad day" just chaotic moments....everyday! They all seem to need something at the very same time...& it's usually when I'm trying to feed Nora.
None of us ever feel like there are enough hours in the day to complete everything we'd like to get done. In addition to that I'm finding I could use at least 2 more arms!
Accepting that I cannot add hours to the day nor grow anymore arms I am doing my best & reminding myself that the laundry, dishes & dust will still be waiting for me tomorrow! Each child is learning to wait...which has been the lessen each time a baby joined the family.
Jack is a great big brother & patient most of the time. I have to remember that he's still only 5 1/2!
Molly is "Miss Independent" which is good & bad at times...getting herself dressed, good...choosing jeans & a long sleeved shirt when it's 100 degrees & refusing to change, bad! She is for sure our most stubborn & I mean STUBBORN! There's no bribing that one! But, she says everyday, "I love my new sister!"
Poor little Emmett who no longer holds the title as "The Baby," is having the most difficult time adjusting. However, each day is getting better. He hasn't looked me in the eye & given me the, "I no like that baby, I no like that mama," in several days now! In fact, today he looked at Nora & said, "Hi baby Nora Jane." It was sweet & cute. He also said goodnight to her & gave her a kiss....we're making progress!
Nora is heaven sent....I literally look for her halo & wings! I have a lot of new mommy friends out there who are experiencing motherhood for the first time & are operating on limited sleep, so I hate to even mention this...but, Nora has been sleeping through the night nearly from day ONE! I've only fed her in the middle of the night 3 times since she was born. She didn't even need "Conway Boot Camp!" We've been blessed with sleepers...hence we have 4 children VERY close in age! See what happens when you get too much "sleep?!" Wink, wink!
Here are a few pictures of the kids doting on Baby Nora:
Finally, it goes without saying, but I'd better just say it...I couldn't do what I do without my man! This picture says it all:
I LOVE YOU, John Conway!
No comments:
Post a Comment